Judge Phillip Jackson
- 06/09–Present Fulton County Juvenile Court, 395 Pryor ST, Suite 3092, Atlanta, GA 30312-2713 Associate Judge | Adjudicate deprivation and delinquency cases.
- 07/04–06/09 Law Office of Phillip Jackson, 1800 Peachtree ST, Suite 300, Atlanta, GA 30309-2504 Sole Practitioner | Primary areas of practice are criminal, juvenile, probate, and traffic.
- 08/00 – 06/04 Office of State Administrative Hearings, 235 Peachtree ST, Suite 235, Atlanta, GA 30302-1402 Administrative Law Judge | Presided over appeals of adverse decisions rendered by state agencies.
- 01/93 – 08/00 Fulton County Solicitor General’s Office, 160 Pryor ST, Suite 300, Atlanta, GA 30303 Assistant Solicitor General | Prosecuted misdemeanors from arraignment to final adjudication.
- 09/90 – 01/93 Atlanta City Solicitor’s Office, Suite 300, 236 Forsyth ST, Atlanta, GA 30303 Assistant Solicitor | Prosecuted probable cause and first appearance hearings.
- 01/80 – 09/90 A.T. &T., 1200 Peachtree ST, Atlanta, GA 30308 | Staff Supervisor, Regional Group Representative and Computer Programmer.
- 08/77 – 01/80 C& S National Bank, 35 Broad ST, Atlanta, GA 30303 | Financial Analyst and Management Associate
BAR ASSOCIATIONS & PROFESSIONAL SOCIETIES
Georgia Association of Council for Children (Trustee), Parents Attorney Advisory Committee (President 2008-2009), State Bar of Georgia; B.A.S.I.C.S. Committee (Chairperson 2001-2008), Committee on Professionalism (1997-2011), Investigative Panel (2000-2003), Chief Justice’s Committee on Professionalism (1997-2003); Atlanta Bar Association; Gate City Bar Association, DeKalb Lawyers Association (President 1991-1992, Secretary 1989-1990); Cobb County Bar Association (Trustee 1991-1992); Georgia Alliance of African American Attorneys (Secretary 1990-1992); District of Columbia Bar Association; Georgia Association of Administrative Law Judges & Hearing Officers (President 2002-2003); Gate City Bar Association Judicial Section (Chairperson 2013); American Bar Association; National Association of Juvenile and Family Court Judges
1984-1988 Georgia State University, Atlanta, GA Degree: J.D. | MAJOR: Law American Jurisprudence Award in Bankruptcy (Fall 1988)
1975-1977 Georgia State University, Atlanta, GA Degree: M.B.A. | MAJOR: Management
1971-1975 University of Georgia, Athens, GA Degree: B.B.A. | MAJOR: Business Systems